EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Off Topic / General Chat (No Post Increase) > Games, Games, Games...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 12-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
dazco
Overclocker

Far Cry 3.....how do u get to the other island?

I played thru it already but started a new game with the intention of not doing any of the main missions, just doing side missions and capturing outposts. So i did this till i had activated all the towers and captured all the outposts ON THE MAIN ISLAND. But theres a whole group of outposts and towers on the other island and there are no land bridges at all, they are completely separated by water. And no matter were i try and cross in a boat it tells me i'm out of bounds long before it reach it. How the he|| do you get there?!
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
treymacdaddy
Waffles!

have to progress the story i would assume
United States  Offline
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
dazco
Overclocker

Yeah, thats what i figured too, so i started playing thru the missions again in hopes it opens up before i have to go thru the whole game again. (burned on the main missions after 2 play throughs)
United States  Offline
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
SpAzErMaN
Extreme Overclocker

Were not some of the islands for multiplayer battles only?
Canada  Offline
Old 12-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
dazco
Overclocker

I don't think so. At least i've been able to get to any of them that are on the map. I finally got to Hoyt's island. It was indeed necassary to advance thru the campaign which bores me. This game is great, but the campaign like morst SP's today is so scripted and loaded with cut scenes, semi cut scenes and QTE's that it's like watching a movie 1/2 the time. I found this game for me at least is 10 times more fun if you dfon't play the missions and instead just roam around the map building your inventory of carry bags and other necassary stuff and taking outposts. Unfortunately because you can only get to 1/2 the outposts without playing the campaign, after taking the first island you have to play thru a good 50% of the campaign to get to the 2nd island. Had they made it accessable w/o playing tha campaign i would have found this game infinitely more fun. Taking outposts is fun and challenging, and just getting from one to the other and hunting/crafting is all the game needs to be a blast IMO.

To me it just seems SP campaigns in all games today have really evolved into something thats no longer fun like they were when FC1 ones out. They're too full of highly scripted parts, cutscenes and QTEs and all that garbage that removes you from the game for periods that are much too long and makes you an observer instead of a player. I realize MP is the main objective today, but why even make SP's if they are becoming movies? Some are so bad it's pathetic like BF3 and COD's latest ones. Why they even included a sp is beyond me. Short, scripted, and 90% of the way to becoming nothing more than a d@mn movie !
United States  Offline
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
PhilZJ
Overclocker

ya actually that was my complaint with Max Payne 3, omg it was like shopping at IKEA, going through the stupid maze.

One thing that's strange is while I was looking up some stuff on FarCry i saw some person posted on youtube the FarCry 3 club scenes, but I played the entire story and never saw them, was that something that was removed for the pc??
United States  Offline
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
DarkTower87
Tension Tour 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilZJ View Post
ya actually that was my complaint with Max Payne 3, omg it was like shopping at IKEA, going through the stupid maze.

One thing that's strange is while I was looking up some stuff on FarCry i saw some person posted on youtube the FarCry 3 club scenes, but I played the entire story and never saw them, was that something that was removed for the pc??
You have to eat the little red pills after rescuing each friend. Theyre in the cave by the fire. That allows you to get to the club scenes. The other island is accessed after progressing through the main story. The all american guy is the one who flies you over there.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply