EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Tech News & Press Releases > The Front Page Headlines

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-01-2017, 02:29 AM   #1
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!

Post Nvidia announces GTX 1080 Ti offering 11GB of GDDR5X memory

As we close out the second day of the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, Nvidia has revealed that a new high-end graphics card will arrive on the market next month.

The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti will the be the firm's fastest gaming GPU to date based on the Pascal architecture. The GTX 1080 Ti comes with 11GB of GDDR5X memory and offers impressive specifications that delivers "up to 35 percent more performance of the GTX 1080".

Some of the finer details of the card lie below:

Massive Features for Massive Performance:

• The GTX 1080 Ti includes 3,584 NVIDIA® CUDA® cores and a massive 11GB frame buffer running at an unheard of 11Gbps. It delivers up to 35 percent faster performance than the GeForce GTX 1080 and up to 78 percent faster performance than the GTX 1070.(1) The GTX 1080 Ti is even faster than the NVIDIA TITAN X Pascal, its $1,200 big brother that was designed for deep learning and artificial intelligence.

• Next-Gen Memory Architecture: GTX 1080 Ti is the world's first GPU to feature Micron's next-gen G5X memory. 11GB of G5X memory running a blazing 11Gbps quad data rate delivers the most effective memory bandwidth of any modern gaming GPU. And it still has plenty of headroom for overclocking.

• Advanced FinFET Process: The GTX 1080 Ti is manufactured on the industry's cutting-edge FinFET process. Its 12 billion transistors deliver a dramatic increase in performance and efficiency over previous-generation products.

• Meticulous Craftsmanship: The GTX 1080 Ti runs as cool as it looks due to superior heat dissipation from a new high-airflow thermal solution with vapor chamber cooling, 2x the airflow area and a power architecture featuring a seven-phase power design with 14 high-efficiency dualFETs.

• Support for Advanced Graphics Technologies: 4K, VR, NVIDIA G-SYNC™ HDR and NVIDIA GameWorks™ offer interactive, cinematic experiences accompanied by incredibly smooth gameplay.

The new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti will be available from various partners with the Founders Edition being made available for pre-order starting on March 2 for a price of $699. The card will make its retail debut on March 10.

Source: neowin.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1488342351_screen_shot_2017-02-28_at_8.24.22_pm.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	172419  
United Kingdom  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-01-2017, 05:45 AM   #2
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

They're putting it out cheaper than every prediction I've seen maybe AMD pressure had something to do with it.
Canada  Offline
Old 03-01-2017, 05:56 AM   #3
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcmillan View Post
They're putting it out cheaper than every prediction I've seen maybe AMD pressure had something to do with it.
I'm hoping it means that AMD's card is as good or better than we've been hearing.
United States  Online
Old 03-01-2017, 06:12 AM   #4
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
I'm hoping it means that AMD's card is as good or better than we've been hearing.
Their stream yesterday only talked naming and VR blah blah blah which I couldn't care less about.A few architectural features no release announcement or date.
Canada  Offline
Old 03-01-2017, 06:15 AM   #5
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!

Quote:
Which is good for the US, UK (last year) a $699 GTX would be £699 (roughly 860 USD)... now $699 = somewhere around £899 (roughly 1100 USD)

Completely screwed!
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 03-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #6
Almost Tactf
DT 1770 and a Lyr

35% faster than the 1080....that's pretty nuts.

That being said, the 1080 currently murders anything at 1440P so I guess I'll hang out until the 1180 launches and snatch one of those up for $500 like I did the 1080 =D
United States  Offline
Old 03-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #7
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysigy View Post
Which is good for the US, UK (last year) a $699 GTX would be £699 (roughly 860 USD)... now $699 = somewhere around £899 (roughly 1100 USD)

Completely screwed!
I think the VAT thing gets ignored sometimes so your price includes tax while the US price doesn't.Like us we pay the 30% exchange premium plus the 12% tax in my province so it comes out at just under 1100 bucks before the gouging that retailers do here so you can add another 10-15%.This far after launch and the 1080 is 8-900 bucks still.
Canada  Offline
Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #8
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!

Quote:
I think the VAT thing gets ignored sometimes so your price includes tax while the US price doesn't.Like us we pay the 30% exchange premium plus the 12% tax in my province so it comes out at just under 1100 bucks before the gouging that retailers do here so you can add another 10-15%.This far after launch and the 1080 is 8-900 bucks still.
Ahhh, that makes more sense.

Additional Comment:

I've been hanging on on upgrading my GTX 780 in favour of the 1080 Ti, I got my 780 and then a couple of months later the 780 Ti came out and was better than the 780 by some way, didn't want that to happen this time if I bought a 1080 and the Ti coming out a month or so later and blowing it out of the water. Turns out it was a much longer wait.

I tend to game at 1920x1200 so a Ti may be overkill, that said, I would like a gfx card that can last me at least the next 3-5 years. Ti might be the way forward for me.

Last edited by sysigy; 03-02-2017 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 03-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #9
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysigy View Post
Ahhh, that makes more sense.

Additional Comment:

I've been hanging out on upgrading my GTX 780 in favour of the 1080 Ti, I got my 780 and then a couple of months later the 780 Ti came out and was better than the 780 by some way, didn't want that to happen this time if I bought a 1080 and the Ti coming out a month or so later and blowing it out of the water. Turns out it was a much longer wait.

I tend to game at 1920x1200 so a Ti may be overkill, that said, I would like a gfx card that can last me at least the next 3-5 years. Ti might be the way forward for me.
I'm thinking the same as you - I had a 780 that died and eVGA upgraded it to a 970. I only game at 1080, so I figure the Ti will future-proof me out the wazoo.

Then again, if I'm just 1080p, I might scoop up a 1070.
United States  Online
Old 03-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #10
Almost Tactf
DT 1770 and a Lyr

Yeah, if you're rocking 1080P I think the 1070 is your best bet, or give it a few days and snatch a used 1080 as a bunch of people will prolly try dumping them to keep up with the freshness lol
United States  Offline
Old 03-02-2017, 05:10 AM   #11
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Tactf View Post
Yeah, if you're rocking 1080P I think the 1070 is your best bet, or give it a few days and snatch a used 1080 as a bunch of people will prolly try dumping them to keep up with the freshness lol
Forgot to mention I am planning to use VR for racing sims and we have a 1070 (with Intel i7 6770 etc) in a machine at work (for VR software development) and it does struggle with max gfx settings on Assetto Corsa and Project Cars @ 1080p.

A 1080 may be on the cards but just don't want to find a year or so down the line it starts struggling and I sit there thinking, "[bleep], wish I had bought the Ti".

Will see what the UK price turns out to be before laying down any cash, if the Ti isn't too much more than a 1080 (say < £150) then I will more than likely go Ti.
United Kingdom  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply