EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Official EOC Folding @ Home Team
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 07-09-2003, 10:02 PM   #21
FunkZ
AMD kicks your ASCII

I would think you use whatever sig you want.

But Kwik, don't you think it was a little premature contacting Player0 and having him make a skin for EOCF based on your design?
I mean, you didn't even call a poll for it to see what the members thought? Not to mention EOCF already has its own, it's xskin=ocff. Although very few use it.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 07-09-2003, 10:03 PM   #22
shroomer

I am not 100% sure but I thought Jason had posted something about it before
Old 07-09-2003, 11:44 PM   #23
Sound-Mind
Folding...

Good job man! I like that skin and will be using it when it becomes available.

Funkz: I see no problem with approaching Player0 first. I don't think a poll is needed on every decision b/c it's really up to Jason, the admins, and the mods. He has to get permission to use the eocf name from one group and get permission from another group to use the logo. Either way he had to ask one of those groups first.

Shroomer: I see no problem with using the liquidninjas stats even after Jason has the eocf sig stats up and running. I mean how could you say noone can use liquidninja's stats and still allow links to other sites (aka advertising [aka my sig]) of any kind in a sig? This isn't a democracy but if you want to eliminate advertising and slow load times discriminating against a single excellent php stats generator would be a pretty poor way of approaching it. I guess what I'm trying to say is I would be very disappointed if we were no longer allowed to use Player0's script just because Jason develops his own. I hope we still have a choice in the matter.
United States  Offline
Old 07-10-2003, 12:01 AM   #24
shroomer

Well I would hope that if Jason puts the time in to doing this for our forum that people would respect that and not use other's

like I said do not quote me on that. I am not sure what Jason is going to do. we talked about it along time ago and I am not sure.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:35 AM   #25
Sound-Mind
Folding...

I agree with you here. I appreciate all the work that Player0 has done a great deal. But I personally (and other most of the other forum members I venture to say) benefit more from the work Jason does and I do appreciate it greatly. Knowing his programming abilities and seeing the sig skins submitted by members such as Funkz and Kwik I'm sure that his sig scripts will be great and many of the forum members will use them. It is very likely that I will use his offerings as well. I understand that I shouldn't quote you on all of this, but when it comes down to it, I hope the decision on which stats sig to use is left up to the individual.

Last edited by Sound-Mind : 07-10-2003 at 12:39 AM.
United States  Offline
Old 07-10-2003, 07:02 AM   #26
FunkZ
AMD kicks your ASCII

Once Jason gets the stats sigs working here I'll most likely switch to using one of them, assuming there are a couple skins to choose from and there's one I like.

And yeah, mods/admins can make decisions without the approval of members, but if a team sig image is made available for the members to use wouldn't it be a good idea to find out first if anyone even likes it?
United States  Offline
Old 07-10-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
kwiksilver
Fear the Ban Key!
Super Moderator

Well sorry for not consulting you, I asked some people in the #EOCF chat and they like it, so I went ahead and asked. It's not like i'm dissing Jason, I just wanted something outta the ordinary from the basic sig. I don't feel I should have to defend myself for just making a sig. Personally I like it, and if you don't then use something else. Plain and simple.
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 07-15-2003, 02:11 PM   #28
Player0
Learning To Overclock

So I shouldnt do the skin?
United States  Offline
Old 07-15-2003, 02:39 PM   #29
FunkZ
AMD kicks your ASCII

Didn't mean to step on any toes here. Please don't hold this up on my account. I had just wondered if there was a vote/poll that I missed where a new folding sig image was chosen by the members for EOCF. Thanks.
United States  Offline
Old 07-15-2003, 02:48 PM   #30
Player0
Learning To Overclock

Well, I was never given the PSD to start work. But then I realized I had already done a skin back in the day for you folks. It takes a long time for me to do a custom skin right now, but I am still working on the engine which should be done in a couple weeks. Id rather spend my time on that since you already have a skin, plus hearing that you are working on your own sig program already I cant wait to see it if its going to be really done. I love the stats page here already and have my own version of that in the works as well which should have some additional features that could be nice.
United States  Offline
Old 07-15-2003, 07:45 PM   #31
FunkZ
AMD kicks your ASCII

Thanks Player0, we all appreciate the hard work you put in to make our sig's possible!

There are some very good PhotoShop designers here (and some PSP users too! ) and hopefully soon we'll have a variety of folding stat sig images to choose from.
United States  Offline
Old 07-23-2003, 05:18 AM   #32
fine_sin
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Y cant I have my sig work then coz I have tried it a lot shoul I have to post at least one W/U to activate it or has the team not added me to itz member list or wat else I m getting confuzed abut it. chek it out below and suggest me abut it.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:23 AM   #33
shroomer

it takes 2 or 3 days after you send your first WU in to finally start working
Old 07-30-2003, 03:37 PM   #34
Anjr00
Extreme Overclocker

How the smack do I get it to show in my current signature image? Is there an easy way to do it?
United States  Offline
Old 08-02-2003, 10:36 AM   #35
shroomer

You have to cut the sig into 2 pics

top pic 50 x width or 500

bottom pic is 100 x width of sig - 200 (200 is the width of the F@H sig)
Old 08-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #36
Deserter
Need...to...win...

Are you supposed to get an error at first, or did I do something wrong?
United States  Deserter Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 08-04-2003, 02:05 PM   #37
shroomer

yup it looks fine just wait 2 or 3 days after you turn your first WU in and it should be working fine
Old 08-11-2003, 03:14 PM   #38
Player0
Learning To Overclock

Hey kwiksilver, I see you havent done any work on that custom skin yet?

Does anyone else from here want to take a whack at our new custom skinning engine?
United States  Offline
Old 08-18-2003, 09:44 AM   #39
Syzygy
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Okay, so is my new sig working then?

Okay it is! Cool! Now why is my score average 0 and my score so low? What do those numbers mean?

It probably has something to do with the fact that I am only running the thing at 50% CPU and not all the time. When my SLK-800 and SFII come in I'll be able to run my CPU at full blast but for now the stock AMD HSF suuuuuuucks.

Peace,
D

Last edited by Syzygy : 08-18-2003 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:37 PM   #40
Scythe
Juggalo 4 Life

Does anyone know how the sig would actually be coded??
I ask because I wanna make a custom one to match my Sig.
If anyone know where there might be a guide or anything please let me know.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply