EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Off Topic / General Chat (No Post Increase) > Member's Showcase
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 02-16-2004, 12:47 PM   #1
chaser435
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Dell dimension 2400

I bought a dell and I am really happy with it, I paid under 450$ and it came loaded with a monitor cant about that. But now comes the fun dumping high performance parts into it. I talked with support and they dont know right from wrong I asked them what my motherboard was and they told me something other than what my motherboard is like my graphics card. so to overclock I need to know what im dealing with right I know its a intel but when I try to find whats - what I get Intel (R)82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv processor to I/o controller - 2560 and intel 82801DB lpc interface controler if anyone can help on that it would be really great....... Im really scared from the whole support deal the juy really didnt speak a good english and It makes it really hard when you cant under stand the garbage that is flowing out his mouth and you have to ask 6 or 7 times for him to repeat himself and then he gets mad because I cant understand him it was so sooooooooo scary it wasnt funny and the juy was not right in the first place please someone. Its probably the cheapest motherboard intel makes. it has a p 4 2.4 and I think a 500 front side buss ??????
Attached Images

Register to Reply to This Post
Old 02-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #2
Tylenol
Extremeoverclocknig

okay -

Cons

1. You bought a dell
2. Dell sucks for OCing
3. you probably wont be able to find a hacked bios for it
4. it could break while trying to flash

Pros

1. Overclocking and breaking things is fun
2. 450 dollars

Search google for a hacked bios on dell comps. Compare serial numbers.
United States  Offline
Old 02-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
wicka_wicka

Dell tech support: that's what happens when people outsource everything to India. Bastards.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:02 PM   #4
arto

Dude, Dells suck so much ***.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
chaser435
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Ok so we came up with the bustin caps on dell but who knows what the motherboard is I think its a intell 845g or 845gv but really not shure because there are so many of that number and style.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #6
Duedermont
EOCF Chef

open it up and look at the number on it
United States  Offline
Old 02-17-2004, 08:32 PM   #7
eneuman
RTFM

dell 2400's have a crappy IGP and no AGP slot and the ram that the use in them is s***. but, then again, if you dont screw w/ it it doesnt break. i have a 2400, and its my main rig, because it never crashes. i havent oced it yet cause i havent found a hacked bios for it. its almost not even worth the risk to try on one. but then again, it sure would be fun to screw with a dell like that
United States  eneuman Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 02-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #8
frankgomez75
OC'd till it hertz

I had a dell for a few mos. They are good computers in terms of reliability. Eventually I sold it for the need to have a faster and much more upgradeable computer. I would be a little wary about OC a dell though, and not sure it is even worth it. Wouldn't get too much of a performance increase out of it even if you could. But if you OC just for the helluvit, then by all means, OC that baby!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:00 PM   #9
arto

Dude, Dell sucks. As one persons avatar says "If you buy a Dell, Dude your goin to hell!". True. Dell is a god **** rip. Its like 1800 bucks for a P3 733 with 128 MB Ram. ?!?
Old 02-27-2004, 11:07 PM   #10
(907)FAN-BOY
**** thread, lock&b7

Quote:
Originally posted by arto
Dude, Dell sucks. As one persons avatar says "If you buy a Dell, Dude your goin to hell!". True. Dell is a god **** rip. Its like 1800 bucks for a P3 733 with 128 MB Ram. ?!?
p3 my arse...

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...=04&l=en&s=bsd
Switzerland  Offline
Old 02-27-2004, 11:11 PM   #11
Puterfreak
Zzaappppeedd!

I agree Dell suxxors. Same with Gateway. It is better to customize your rig.
United States  Offline
Old 02-28-2004, 09:01 PM   #12
daywalker03
Extreme Overclocker

I'm running one Dell at the moment and trying to find a PSU or adaptor for the other working one that I have. I do have some custom built systems too.
United States  Offline
Old 02-28-2004, 10:00 PM   #13
arto

Quote:
Originally posted by (907)FAN-BOY
p3 my arse...

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...=04&l=en&s=bsd
No dude, seriously. It was actually my family that bought it, a few years back. It was a Dell Dimension L886r. And it was like 1800 bucks or something. And it only have a P3 733 and 128 MB Ram, a monitor, a keyboard and Harman/Kardan Speakers, THATS IT!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:00 AM   #14
a_c

Quote:
Originally posted by arto
No dude, seriously. It was actually my family that bought it, a few years back. It was a Dell Dimension L886r. And it was like 1800 bucks or something. And it only have a P3 733 and 128 MB Ram, a monitor, a keyboard and Harman/Kardan Speakers, THATS IT!
Lol a few years back, no wonder
Old 02-29-2004, 06:03 AM   #15
Sakesaru
Additional Comment:

Re: Dell dimension 2400

Quote:
Originally posted by chaser435
But now comes the fun dumping high performance parts into it.
as if. dell wont take anything. even the case is rubbish.
New Zealand  Offline
Old 02-29-2004, 12:37 PM   #16
arto

Indeed.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:44 PM   #17
arto

Dimension L866r, this has to be the worst computer I have ever encountered. The only semi-cool thing was it came with a Sound Blaster Live! (which I stole from it), a CD-RW Recorder (which I stole from it) a17 inch monitor (which I stole from it) and Harman/Kardan Speakers (which I stole from it). Yeah, it was like 1800 bucks.
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply