EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Off Topic / General Chat (No Post Increase) > Games, Games, Games...

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Richdog
Yeah baby yeah...
Retired Staff

Heroes & Might & magic III Multiplayer... can't get it to work!

Aghh I know this is ana ncient game but me and a mate used to play it constantly when we were flatmates and we are planning a revival... only problem is we can't get multiplayer to work for love nor money. The only feasible way of connecting over the internet that I can see with my limited knowledge of this sort of thing is by I.P. but when I try and host a game that way he can't find me using the game browser.

ANy tips or is this game such a dinosaur that our plight is hopeless? *sobs*

Core2 E6600| Gigabyte DS3 | 4GB Gskill 6400 HZ | 4870 1GB | Corsair HX620w | Modded Lian LI PC-A05B |NEC LCD20WGX2
Old 04-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
Auzner
Mad Warranty Voider

My hero! I thought my friend and I were the only two copies of that game they ever managed to sell. I played it once a few months ago because I had dream about playing the game on a huge swamp map. That was a nice dream. I had to make my own swamp map to live it. Sorry no tips, I'd like to play some day but turned-based is rather dull over the internet. If you're both on the same team against the computer you could be playing hotseat mode and talk to each other on what to do. That made it kind of a fun party game but the problem was the patience and learning curve. You could try emulating a LAN with hamachi and do a regular network play. http://www.hamachi.cc/
Old 04-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
Richdog
Yeah baby yeah...
Retired Staff

lol glad to see another player.

I used to play hotseat with 3 people but if one person started to lag... well... lets just say that it was like watching particularly thick and wet paint dry.

Guess ioll just give HOMM III a miss then and maybe fire up HOMMIV as its newer and supported by gamespy etc.

Ahh well cheers anyway man... was worth a try. *wipes dewy eye*.

Core2 E6600| Gigabyte DS3 | 4GB Gskill 6400 HZ | 4870 1GB | Corsair HX620w | Modded Lian LI PC-A05B |NEC LCD20WGX2
Sponsored Links:
Closed Thread