EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Getting Started > General System Help & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #1
txtmstrjoe
Running System Stock

S&M Stress Test

Just out of curiosity, do any of you use S&M v1.82a as a stress testing program?

I've used a variety of stress testers, including the usual suspects -- Prime95 (single and dual), Orthos, OCCT -- and none of them ever heat up my CPU like S&M does. On average, the maximum temperature difference at full load is about 2-4 degrees more per core.

Not much is known about this program, as far as I know, but I have to say I'm quite impressed. It thrashes your equipment, and it reports calculation errors as well. And it's thorough: It tests your RAM subsystems, your PSU, and HDDs.

Anyway, I'm just keen to know if other people use this program, and what their thoughts/impressions/opinions are.

For the curious, you can find it here: http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.html
Just scroll down the alphabetical listing.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Closed Thread