EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Networking and Security
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
smellynewbie
Learning To Overclock

dlink dwl-g122 ver b1 .....vista driver problems

hello everyone i'm trying to connect my new rig to the internet via windows vista home premuim 64-bit

i have 2 wireless adapters :d-link 802.11g usb dwl-g122 ver.b1 the drivers on the software vista doesn't like the 30 or so drivers i've downloaded off of numerous sites have not work i don't know what to do

i also have a belkin pci adapter f5d7000 ver5000 and i' haveing the sam exact problem can't find the right drivers please help i'm going crazy

i also tryed a new clean install of vista but still same problem

thanks for any help ahead of time
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
dotDNA
Interested observer

Try this first,

http://www.dlink.com/products/suppor...&sec=0#drivers

then this,

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DW...Drivers/v1.00/
United Nations  Offline
Old 03-29-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
Paul_Hinett
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Got it working...

Hi,

I managed to get my D-Link DWL-G112 (Rev b) working fine on my Vista Ultimate edition fine.

I first tried to install the XP drivers and software, this resulted in several error messages on startup... so i uninstalled the software...then went to device manager and uninstalled the hardware...it asked if i wanted to remove the software / drivers for it too which i chose yes.

I then right clicked the computer icon in device manager and chose scan for hardware changes.

It picked up my DWL-G122 immediatly and installed it with no problems, i could then connect to my wireless router and i am using the internet fine.

I found these instructions from another person trying to get a Linksys USB adaptor working and thought i would give it a try.
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 04-14-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Ninjafoobun
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Working - with router encyption on

D-Link DWL-G112 (Rev b) now connected to Internet, running Vista Home Premium. Utility doesn't work - still get the error messages, but I just ignore them and let the D-link utility terminate.

Here's what I ended up doing (having read postings, thanks, & having phoned Dlink whose Indian call centre was pretty poor given that this is a well publicised problem):

Connected Vista PC via Ethernet to router
Ran D-link installation, rebooted, got error messages, connected h/w into USB port.
Disconnected ethernet, but wireless link still didn't connect (I'd also tried downloading various other drivers, etc, but to no avail)

Went start, control panel, Network & Internet, Connect to a network (the router was showing). Selected set up a connection and was prompted for the encryption key and it connected.

Usually you use the utility to enter the encyption key, but with the utility not working you need to use this set up approach instead.

Hope this is of help, good luck.
United Kingdom  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply