EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Getting Started > Benchmarks, Scores, Stability Testing > General Benchmarks
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Tux53
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Arrow How to Interpret SpeedFan Temps

This is how I'm looking at SpeedFan temps. You guys who have been using this software, please add or subtract:

In the Readings tab the four temps. 1,2,3,1 are very confusing because they are not labeled and you don't know the source. I read the FAQ's and the app's website and this is what I came up with:

1. The second and fourth temps. (2+1) are flatlined on the graph, so those are non-operational sensors and I can ignore them.
2. That leaves temps. 1 & 3. The graph shows 49C for 1 and 70C for 3.
3. To find the temp. for the cpu core, do this test: Idle all processes to 0 and wait for bottom cpu temp. For me that's 45C. I can confirm that same number in the BIOS. Now add a load, open the graph tab and see which temp. increases the fastest. For me that's number 3, which increases from 45C to 70C in just a couple minutes. So that temp. is my cpu core. What was the load? The load was F@H at 100% on ONE core (I have X2) or 50% of cpu. Adding F@H to the other core and assigning it a different machine ID quickly brings me to ~90C, which I think is the redline, and I'm not risking that now.
3. O.K., so that leaves the other temp. which is 49C. I don't what this is. Maybe mainboard ambient temp?

Do you see any errors in my analysis or is there anything you can add? I'm not OCing yet, just gathering lots of information to get ready.

United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
tedy
Extreme Overclocker

1. procesor
2. motherboard
3. temp3 no clue?
4. gpu of your gfx
5. core?
6. hdd0
7. hdd1
Slovenia  Offline
Old 05-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
AlbertWesker
Medium Overclocker

yah i have the same on temp3 always i have -3 degrees and like three seconds change to 30 degrees..idont now whts temps is this?on the motherboard is doing the same..please atf is this?
Venezuela  Online
Old 05-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
nu2this
bring it !!

Ok, on my speed fan, I use number 3 as it reads 36.c with 2x fah running(x2), the first temp reads 27.c, which is too low, and the second one reads a brisk -53.c. And, I know its the third one, because if I pause fah for a bit the temp drops down to 28.c, and subsequently back up to 36.c after restarting fah.The first and second temp readings do not vary at all..just tossing in my 2 cents worth....
Canada  Offline
Old 06-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
nonamedude
Learning To Overclock

everyones probes seem to be different because on my speedfan i took everything but temp1 which is my cpu temp 2 which is my mobo and core which is my core. they dont have support from my mobo but from the pics i have seen if you go here http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...light=speedfan
and do like helmut suggests. you can get everything you have ever wanted to know from speed fan and if you download some other temp monitoring programs. you can figure it out and you can label the different temps in speed fan. (go to configure and it either right clikc or f2. i cant remember.) i stayed with speedfan once i figured out the temps because i like how its set up.
United States  Offline
Old 06-20-2007, 08:39 AM   #6
BigO
Bored At Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamedude View Post
everyones probes seem to be different because on my speedfan i took everything but temp1 which is my cpu temp 2 which is my mobo and core which is my core. they dont have support from my mobo but from the pics i have seen if you go here http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...light=speedfan
and do like helmut suggests. you can get everything you have ever wanted to know from speed fan and if you download some other temp monitoring programs. you can figure it out and you can label the different temps in speed fan. (go to configure and it either right clikc or f2. i cant remember.) i stayed with speedfan once i figured out the temps because i like how its set up.
this is the way to set up speedfan correctly.
United States  Offline
Old 06-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #7
nonamedude
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
this is the way to set up speedfan correctly.
yea. thats what i thought. unfortunately they dont have support for my board yet. i emailed the guy but nothing so far. i have the m2n32 sli deluxe which uses the nforce 590 sli. they only have the seemingly more popular m2n sli which uses the nforce 570.
United States  Offline
Old 06-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
Helmut
yooper overclocker

2 other programs that I have used and liked are:
PC Wizard:

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php (lots of other features, runs in a nice read out at the top right of screen when minimized)

and Everest Home edition:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html (again...lots of other features.)

For the general "no-frills" temp program speed-fan is hands down the best imo.
United States  Offline
Old 07-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
Jackal_49
Running System Stock

"3. O.K., so that leaves the other temp. which is 49C. I don't what this is. Maybe mainboard ambient temp?"

So you are saying that your room is 49c or 120f? Dang, R U in the middle of the sahara?

United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply