EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Network Hardware (Wired & Wireless)
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
JEEwing
Super StickMan

DD-WRT now can't access router setup

I finally took the plunge and decided to find out what was so great about DD-WRT. I installed the V23 SP2 package and all went great. But now I cannot access the router's configuration pages, I just get a blank screen.

I can connect no problem and I checked ipconfig and the gateway ip did not change.

Has anyone run into this before and figured out how to solve it?

Linksys WRT54GL v1.2
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 10-08-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
phatymagee83
overclocking maniac

i have the wrt54g. what internet provider do u have?
United States  Offline
Old 10-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
drake85
I pressed the button!

Yeah, pretty common w/ DD-WRT. Hold the reset button on the back of the router till the power light starts flashing. This is going to hard-reset the router and reset it to firmware defaults. If the power light doesn't stop flashing after... say... 3 mins, cycle power to the router. If it still doesn't stop flashing, might want to look into de-bricking procedures.

Oh yeah, if it does stop flashing and goes solid, but you still can't access the config page, verify that your computer is on DHCP, check that the IP address is on the correct network, the gateway is the address of the router (192.168.1.1) and the DNS is also the router (192.168.1.1). If all of those are correct, see if you can telnet into the router telnet://192.168.1.1 If yes, hopefully you can run the debricking procedure. If no, same thing, lol.

Last edited by drake85 : 10-08-2007 at 08:32 AM.
United States  Offline
Old 10-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
JEEwing
Super StickMan

Thanks Drake!.......Worked a charm and I now have full access to all the settings. This should be part of the release notes if it's common.

Any pointers to take advantage of this suposedly superior bios?
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply