EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Tech News & Press Releases > The Front Page Headlines
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Announced

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...tion-announced

Quote:
BioWare has announced Dragon Age 3: Inquisition. Set to arrive in late 2013, Dragon Age 3 will be built on a new RPG engine using DICE's Frostbite 2 technology as a foundation. According to a post from executive producer Mark Darrah on the game's official site, the development team contains many of the same people that have been working on the franchise since Dragon Age: Origins.

“At the same time,” Flynn added, “we know we need new technology to truly make this vision become fully realized. And we’ve been working with DICE to make Frostbite 2 the foundation for the engine that is going to power Dragon Age 3.”
Hell yeah!!!! AND Frostbite 2!!!
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 09-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Urbanfox
Power

DA was... amazing.

DA2 was... OK.

DA3 with actual bad-*** graphics???? SIGN ME UP SCOTTY.
United States  Offline
Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
lexandro
VIGILO CONFIDO

DA1 - Gameplay was mediocre, and the story was terrible and made little sense
DA2 - Is just tripe in a box, with zero content and an atrociously bad story.
DA3 - Not interested in any way shape or form.
Scotland  Offline
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Maurice
Partial to LUNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfox View Post
DA was... amazing.

DA2 was... OK.

DA3 with actual bad-*** graphics???? SIGN ME UP SCOTTY.
I agree completely.

I was let down by DA 2, but I finished it anyway.

DA was awesome I played through it like 5 times.
United States  Offline
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
DA1 - Gameplay was mediocre, and the story was terrible and made little sense
DA2 - Is just tripe in a box, with zero content and an atrociously bad story.
DA3 - Not interested in any way shape or form.
Your posts always make me

For me:

DA:O - Great story but still not gotten past 1st Ogre boss, gameplay is clunky
DA:2 - Great, loved the story
DA:3 - Can't wait, love Frostbite 2 engine
United Kingdom  sysigy Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 09-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

You know, I never did play II. I own it and all. lol

I bought it in Afghanistan (Newegg shipped) and couldn't activate it to play it - so by the time I got my computer and could, I'd lost interest in it, especially after hearing how many people hated it and how huge a step backwards it was.

I think a DA game with D&D rules ala Neverwinter Nights 2 would be perfect.
United States  Offline
Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
especially after hearing how many people hated it and how huge a step backwards it was.
I don't understand why people thought that, I played DA:2 before DA:O and hands down preferred everything about it, DA:O just feels really clunky.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
lexandro
VIGILO CONFIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysigy View Post
I don't understand why people thought that, I played DA:2 before DA:O and hands down preferred everything about it, DA:O just feels really clunky.
DA:O actually had some content to it, and lasted longer and had a relatively more engaging story with characters that were at least likeable in some respects. DA2 has so little content it can be completed to 100% in a weekend. Thats frankly pathetic for an RPG and even bad by modern FPS shooter standards of content.

The characters were terrible and the entire storyline was frankly idiotic, and gameplay choices made little to no impact whatsoever on it. And one of the few choices that you can make that actually does make an impact is to decide whether or not to kill off your teams main healer. Thats just massive fail right there. The team members in DA2 are so generic and bland with nothing that makes the player actually feel like they are valid characters in their own right and solid members of a team.

On top of that the skills available and the classes of character mean nothing as you could quiet easily solo the game as the AI is pathetic for team members. As it also is for enemies.

DA:O is vastly superior to the sequal in every way, though I still say it (DA:O) is a crap game.

No offence but if you think DA2 is a "good game" you have never actually played a "good game".
Scotland  Offline
Old 09-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
No offence but if you think DA2 is a "good game" you have never actually played a "good game".
Quite frankly when someone says "no offence" that means they're going to cause offence, so yes I am offended by your comment.

You don't like DA:2 that's your opinion but do not insult my opinion of what I think a "good game" is.

And clearly I do know what a good game is, I own Metro 2033, Oblivion, Skyrim & GTA 4 to name a few!!!
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply